Friday, November 5, 2010

Free Microchipping in Santa Monica

I get very sad when I learn that a dog has wandered away from home and has been lost.  I don't know what I would do if I ever got lost - I don't think they have organic dog food if you live on the street.  In the even that I do get lost though my mom has taken some precautions to make sure that I find my way home.  First I ALWAYS wear my collar with both my city license and a tag that has my phone number and address.  My mom has to replace that every few years because sometimes I lose it and sometimes it just wears out. 

I am also microchipped that way if lose my collar someone can just scan me and I can get home.  My mom and I have heard stories on the news of dogs that have been gone from home for months and then someone finds them and scans them and they get reunited with their people.  I love a happy ending!

Anyway this Saturday, November 6th, there is a Pet Fair/Chip-A-Thon in Santa Monica.  You can bring your pet in to get microchipped for FREE.  There are also going to be dog contests, free dog food samples and other activities as well.  The event will be from 9 a.m.until 3 p.m. at Clover Park in Santa Monica at 2600 Ocean Park Boulevard. They are also offering low cost vaccinations and demonstrations on CPR.

Please don't forget to bring your dog on a leash!

No comments:

Post a Comment