Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Improvement

Well I am pretty happy with myself so I'm not sure I really need to make a New Year's resolution.  I go on walks daily, I eat organic food, and since the Three Dog Bakery closed in Santa Monica I only get desserts on special occasions.  But everyone can improve a little (even me) so my mom has signed me up for Scent Discrimination Class.

I'm not sure how this is going to go - I am a coonhound so hopefully that will give me an advantage and I'm really good at finding treats so I'm hoping this won't be too hard.  Class starts next Sunday morning (doesn't my mom know I need my beauty sleep?) so I will report back with just exactly is happening there.

The other area I am looking to improve on is how I treat my guests.  I have gotten a lot better with having people guests over (I'm not as scared anymore) but I have been a little jealous when my buddies come over.  Sometimes they want to take my treats and sleep on my beds and get petted instead of me or lick a bowl that I've had my eye on.  I am ashamed to say that I don't act nice when that happens and I bark in their faces and tell them "to go home."  My mom says this is not nice and I've been getting timeouts.  I get separated for a few minutes in my room and then I can come out and play again.  I don't respond well to getting yelled at or scolded or negatively punished in anyway so I have to be removed from the room for some "me time."  Then I can choose to come out again or just stay in bed. 

So those are the areas I would like to improve in - learn to smell some new things and be nicer to my friends - pretty good for a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment